When buying a second home in the mountains there are many things to think about. It can be both a daunting and exciting proposition, and you need a real estate agent that fully understands the process and brings new insight into your vacation home purchase.
Greybeard Realty specializes in vacation properties and second home purchasing. This niche naturally fell into place with the success of our property management division, managing over 200 vacation home rentals in the area. Many of these are managed for people that are either planning to retire to their Asheville home in the future or are using it as an occasional family getaway. Often times our clients are people who originally came to vacation here themselves, fell deeply in love with the area, and decided to buy a second home here in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Investing in the Perfect Vacation Home
Because of this close association with second home ownership, our agents naturally know what to look for and how to find that Asheville mountain cabin or cottage that fulfills your vacation home dreams. If an income-producing property is what you are looking for, we can help with that as well. Many of the properties we have listed are ones that have vacation rental history. With this 'inside' information we can help you forecast the rental potential of these or any other listing. This income could offset your costs while still giving you ability to vacation there, yourself.
This unique combination is not found at just any real estate agency. It takes consistent experience and a cultivated network of resources to help you turn this dream in to reality.
The Inside Scoop on Asheville Rental Properties
We would love to talk with you and share our expertise in the Asheville vacation home market. Below are some resources that we would be delighted to share with you:
- List of lenders that specialize in second home purchases and have the best mortgage rates around for vacation homes;
- Access to our qualified property caretakers and maintenance staff to ease your mind while you're away;
- Property management information and references, including commission amounts, average occupied days per property, typical expense lists, tips for how to get the most out of your investment, and more;
- Currently listed vacation homes on the market;
- Real statistics on what renters look for when reserving vacation homes (top rental amenities requested);
- Accurate rent forecasting and expert analysis from our in-house property manager;
- Relevant city/town ordinances and HOA guidelines pertaining to vacation home rentals;
- Rental insurance information and contacts.
If you have questions or are interested in enlisting our help in managing or renting out your Asheville area vacation property, please contact our Rentals team online or call 855-688-9574.